not able to install office 365.says error 30015-11

Updated to Windows 10 recently and the problems have started from there with slow connection speeds and then none of my MS Office apps would work - all saying they needed to be repaired.  I uninstalled MS office and upon attempting to reinstall from Office 365 with my subscription, I keep getting the following error: 

Something went wrong

Sorry, we ran into a problem.

GO online for additional help.

Error Code:  30015-11 (-1073741790)

I have tried the fixit tool to no avail.  I have uninstalled about 10 times today, downloaded the new installation package and it gets about 3/4 through to completion and I get the error above.

I have also turned off my anti-virus software and my firewall per some instructions in the online help.  Nothing has worked and now I am wondering if the office subscription is worth it :(.

Any help is appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hello Anitra,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Usually this issue may occur due to corrupted installation files. Since, Fix it removal tool didn’t help in resolving the issue, I suggest you to Uninstall Office 365 manually and check if it helps.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manually-uninstall-Office-2013-or-Office-365-1d1110d5-75a4-4154-969e-4260ff29b232?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

IMPORTANT: Ensure to back up complete registry following steps mentioned below as manual uninstallation involves in deleting the registry entries.

If the above method doesn’t resolve your issue, try performing Clean Boot on your computer and then reinstall. Follow these steps to restart Windows 10 in the Clean Boot mode:

To restart in Clean Boot follow the steps as per the following Microsoft Article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup mode.

Hope this helps. If you still have any issues, feel free to contact us again.

Thank you.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 96,169 Applies to: