PLEASE HELP! WONT INSTALL MICROSOFT OFFICE! please click so my question will be answered quickly

I installed Microsoft office 2010 about 2 months ago and it was working perfectly, up untill recently when it has asked me for the product key when i eneter this it says its valid but when updating and installling it tells me to close all open microsoft office programmes and then reopen for the install to take place, once i have done this i then reopen the programme for it to ask me for the product key again. whats the problem?

Question Info

Last updated March 17, 2018 Views 338 Applies to:

Hello Abigail'

Uninstall all instances of Office on your computer--use the MS FixIts here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Restart twice.

Now install Office using the discs or download files and product key that came with the discs or download files.  Activate online normally.  Let us know if it worked for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Refer to this Microsoft Article  KB 2002262   to troubleshoot Product key issue for Office 2010.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Abigail'

Uninstall all instances of Office on your computer--use the MS FixIts here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Restart twice.

Now install Office using the discs or download files and product key that came with the discs or download files.  Activate online normally.  Let us know if it worked for you.

unfortunantley i did do this and when reinstalling it the computer now keeps shuttting down, the computer is fine unless i try to do something concerning microsoft office 2010. very unhappy with the product.

Sorry this didn't help.

Try installing  windows clean boot mode  and check if this helps. A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting reset the computer to start as usual.

If you are able to install the Office in clean boot mode, this might be due to a Non- Microsoft service.

Sorry this didn't help.