Microsoft Office cannot find proofing tools

Hi

I'm having a problem with microsoft office enterprise 2007.   In any of the apps (word/excel) when i try to spell check it doesn't work.  I get the error message "Cannot find proofing tools for English (United Kingdom).  if you have proofing tools, try installing or re-installing them."   The spell checker will only grammar check not spell check and the red wavy line under misspelled words does not appear.  I have tried re-installing and repairing using the setup disk but it is not working.  Can anyone help with this?

Changing the language to English (United States) doesn't work either.

Davie

Question Info

Last updated August 13, 2018 Views 37,758 Applies to:
Answer
"DavieKerr" wrote in message news:615e17f5-6855-4a71-9330-ae9ff76aedee...

Hi

I'm having a problem with microsoft office enterprise 2007.   In any of the apps (word/excel) when i try to spell check it doesn't work.  I get the error message "Cannot find proofing tools for English (United Kingdom).  if you have proofing tools, try installing or re-installing them."   The spell checker will only grammar check not spell check and the red wavy line under misspelled words does not appear.  I have tried re-installing and repairing using the setup disk but it is not working.  Can anyone help with this?

Changing the language to English (United States) doesn't work either.

Davie

Check the steps in this article:

Gérard

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.