CANNOT SAVE FILES IN EXCEL

I have Office 2010 running on Win7.  I cannot save a file in Excel, but in each of the other programs Word and Powerpoint, e.g., I can save a file.  I use Excel most.  I installed MS Office, Home&Student; it worked for a while then about a week ago, I could not save my work in Excel.  Tonight I uninstalled Office and re-installed it.  Same result. It is useless unless I can save my work.  What do I do? 
This is the way it goes.  I open an existing file, change it and try to "Save". An error msg appears saying, "Errors were detected while saving. . . MSExcel may be able to save it by removing/repairing some features. . ."  I click "continue" as requested and dialogue box appears displaying the folder and file name, but without the option of changing the name, location, etc.  I click on the name of the open file then a new dialogue box asks if I want to overwrite.  I click yes and a final box appears, saying "Document not saved."

I would appreciate any help you can give me. 

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2019 Views 39,228 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 02:55:36 +0000, Ghost Image wrote:

I have Office 2010 running on Win7.  I cannot save a file in Excel, but in each of the other programs Word and Powerpoint, e.g., I can save a file.  I use Excel most.  I installed MS Office, Home&Student; it worked for a while then about a week ago, I could not save my work in Excel.  Tonight I uninstalled Office and re-installed it.  Same result. It is useless unless I can save my work.  What do I do? 
This is the way it goes.  I open an existing file, change it and try to "Save". An error msg appears saying, "Errors were detected while saving. . . MSExcel may be able to save it by removing/repairing some features. . ."  I click "continue" as requested and dialogue box appears displaying the folder and file name, but without the option of changing the name, location, etc.  I click on the name of the open file then a new dialogue box asks if I want to overwrite.  I click yes and a final box appears, saying "Document not saved."

Some troubleshooting for version 2007, but I guess it could work for
version 2010 too:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/271513

It also could be a security program that is interfering with Excel.

Gérard
Gérard

41 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.