Office 2010 'cannot verify license' error message when any product is launched

I have been using Office 2010 for about 2 months without issue. Today, I am getting an error message when I start Outlook, Excel, or Word that states that the license cannot be verified and to repair the installation in Control Panel.  I have attempted the repair as well as uninstalled-reinstalled the product and I still get the error message.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2020 Views 172,338 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

My Fix -

- Search for "office key remover" if it is no longer here: http://www.wecode.biz/2010/04/office-key-remover.html

- Run the small program, choose remove the product key for your version off office.

- Go to the control panel, choose add/remove programs (or equivalent for your version of windows)

- Highlight Microsoft Office, choose CHANGE, choose Enter product Key, enter your product key

- Wait for the next time that a Microsoft product causes you, their legitimate customer, frustration and downtime because of their "guilty until proven innocent" corporate policy.

65 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
What I did to resolve this issue was set the Windows Operating System time back to the date which I made the Windows image, then I changed the product key for my MS Office 2010, and then did an activation.  After I verified that the MS Office 2010 was activated from the Help option of Office, I then changed the Windows OS date back to the correct date, launched MS Office again and double-checked it was still activated.  I also rebooted to double-check activation, and all works correctly without needing to uninstall and then resinstall Office.  

The Office 2010 installation file downloaded from MS website sets some timer or something within the OS somewhere, and once the 30 or 60 days expires, you'll get this message even if you have a different product key.

I think there may also be a way to rearm the Office on the PC by running the OSPPREARM.EXE file from a command prompt, and then changing the production and activate, but I've yet to try that as changing the time on the OS back to the date which I made the image works as well.

Hopefully this may help some people.

64 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.