"Corrupt Patch Registry Keys: Detects corrupt or missing patch cache- not fixed" when Uninstalling Microsoft Office

Events:

1. My laptop came with Office 2003.

2. I loaded Excel 2010 and Visio 2010 in January and have used it for 9 months.

3. I started receiving Product Validation error messages several weeks ago but was too busy to deal with the error.

4. In the past week, using the software became problematic as everything processed so slow (probably a built-in Microsoft deterent).

5. I attempted to uninstall Office 2003 and Excel 2010 so that I could reinstall the Excel 2010 that I bought and paid for and have the keys for.

6. When I tried to uninstall Office 2003, I received an error message saying that it was "not done successfully".

7. I went to Mr Fix It Microsoft, ran the program and was notified that it fixed the uninstall problem but could not fix "Corrupt Patch Registry Keys- Detects corrupt or

missing patch cache- not fixed". 

8. I tried then to uninstall Excel 2003 Viewer and was told it could not but it will not let me "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if

running in Safe Mode (which I am not) or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact support for help."

Any idea how to fix the Registry keys so I can uninstall remaining old Office software versions?

Thank you for considering this issue.

Kcup415

Answer
Answer
Refer the link given below and uninstall Office 2003 by manually uninstalling it from the registry follow the section ‘Method 4: Remove Microsoft Office Suites Manually’ and then try to install Office 2010 and check if it helps:

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 2,914 Applies to: