Microsoft Planner on Desktop

When the the MS Planner app for Desktop coming out?  Will it ever?  Thanks!
|

Hi Chesca,

As of the moment, the Microsoft Planner app is available for iPhone and Android phones. There is no information yet if this application will be available for desktop. The good thing is, you can forward this as a feature request to our product team as a consideration for future Planner release. If you think that the app needs some tweaking to make it more efficient, then we highly advise that you make a comment in our Feedback page. Our developers are collating suggestions for the improvement of your experience in using the Planner. The features and the visuals of apps are updated with the help of users' feedback. Click this link to proceed.

Should you have any other concerns, feel free to message us again.

Thank you.

107 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Not sure it would be worth the wait. From where I sit, it appears Asana integrates as well as Planner into Teams and Flow. from what I've seen online, both Planner and Asana take some work to add contacts and don't seamlessly integrate with Outlook. 

Ultimately, I am wondering if I get serious about a Project-Management-driven management approach, whether Outlook's days are numbered and I manage directly from PM communication tools, calendars and infrastructure...

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Seriously? Not even Microsoft takes the effort of developing an app for their own platform?! I'm seriously shocked.

So I'm better off with an android device? I would at least expect an Windows Phone 10 app.

58 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I find it embarrassing, to say the least, that people need to file a feature request in order to get Microsoft Planner as a desktop app for Microsoft Windows. A very hacky and unsatisfactory workaround is to use Chrome's "Add to desktop" feature in order to pin Planner to the taskbar. Also, every time I visit a new website I'm asked to allow or block notifications. A desktop app and web notifications are default features for any common sense platform (especially for a big dinosaur like Microsoft) and you should not have to rely on feature requests in order to decide if they should be implemented.

258 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's hope not.

From an IT perspective yet another app to have to support is a big thumbs down. It was built for use in a browser, let's keep it there.

73 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2021 Views 140,109 Applies to: