__Corrupt .pst file (personal folder) for outlook 2007 as part of office 2007 on Vista Business (64-bit) as p__

My outlook .pst file is coorrupt. scanpst.exe did not exist on my system. I downloaded it but also needed the .dll associated with it. Now when I try to run scanpst.exe it does not complain about the scanpst.dll anymore but about MSMAPI.DLL whic I also sownloaded. I cannot instlal this DLL because regsvr32 complains about the fact that it is not compatible with my 64 bit (Vista Business operating system).
 I need to know if it is possible to run scanpst.exe on a 64-bit operating system and if so where to obtain it and the required DLLs (scanpst.dll and MSMAPI.DLL) and how to install all of them and where to place them so that I can run scanpst.exe and hope to recover my .pst file.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2018 Views 6,447 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Scan pst is not a hidden tool. It was under a hidden folder for till Office 2003.

You can find the scan pst under The Office 12 folder of the install location ( Usually C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office ) as an exe file.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.