Question

Cannot activate Office 2016 for Mac error 0xD000000C

Monica Cruz_enasme asked on

Please help.

I uninstall Microsoft office on mac then reinstall it, then went to the word -> get started -> looking for the license then error code appears.

what does 0xD000000C error code mean?

139 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Ran Gao MSFT replied on

Hi All,

For affected customers to easily find the solution here, I’d like to summarize the thread as below:

Issue Symptom:

You encounter an error when activating Office 2016 for Mac. Error code 0xD000000C.

Environment:

The issue occurred after the MAC OSX released an update in mid of December latest version of (OSX Sierra (10.12.2)).

Solution:

1. Open Spotlight by selecting the magnifying glass at the top right of your desktop.
  2. Search for and open Keychain.
  3. Type in Office and then delete the data license file:
    Microsoft office Identities Cache 2
    Microsoft Office Identities Settings 2
  4. Go to Library folder and open Group Containers, delete the following folders.
    UBF8T346G9.ms
    UBF8T346G9.Office
    UBF8T346G9.OfficeOsfWebHost
  5. Reactivate your Office.

Thanks,
Ran

15 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Ran Gao MSFT replied on

Hi Monica,

To investigate the issue, I would suggest you try the following steps to see the outcome.

1. Check to make sure your internet is working on the Mac you're trying to install on. You can do this by opening your internet browser and going to www.microsoft.com. If the page loads, your internet connection is working.
  2. Reset your credentials:
    a. Open Spotlight by selecting the magnifying glass at the top right of your desktop.
    b. Search for and open Keychain.
    c. Type in Office and then delete the data license file.
    d. Download and run this script.
  3. Try to activate Office again.

If the issue persists, I’d like to confirm the following information for further troubleshooting.

1. A full screenshot of the error message.
  2. A screenshot of your subscription. You can sign in to this page with your work or school account to get it. Make sure you have the license called The latest desktop version of Office.
  3. Did you reinstall the Office from Office 365 portal?

Thanks,
Ran

16 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress