Office 365 "The authentication session has expired. Please sign-in again." Error Msg. Mac OSx 10.14.5

I just downloaded and installed Office 365.  When trying to log into Word, after inputting user ID and password, I receive this error message:

The authentication session has expired. Please sign-in again.

I have looked over previous posts and answers, and they don't seem to work.  The operating system software is up to date, and I have the lates version of Office 365.

I have the family plan for Office 365, and it installed without problem on my other Mac laptop.

Any help will be appreciated.

S. Alden

Answer
Answer
Hi S

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Could you try the steps in the following article to see if it resolves this problem:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/fo...
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I think, and this is a guess, the app Cookie 5 was somehow causing the problem.  (Cookie 5 allows for the management of cookies.)  I turned off Cookie 5, and I was able to sign in to Office 365 on the second family laptop.  I don't have Cookie 5 installed on my MacPro laptop, and that is possibly why I didn't encounter problems signing into Office 365 on my laptop.  Anyway, all is good now.

Thank everyone for their help.  I really appreciate your efforts.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2023 Views 15,467 Applies to: