Question

Q: Is there an Excel 2007 runtime similar to the Access 2007 Runtime?

I  have a successful Access application that writes complicated Excel templates from Access.  This works great except that some of my users are locked into Excel 2003 (politics again!). 

If there were a Excel Runtime similar to the Access Runtime that I could download, I think that would solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Never heard of one.  Almost everyone has Excel.  and if you users have Excel why would you need a runtime version?  Access runtime is because most people don't by Office Professinal (Access included) so you need to have some way to give them Access stuff without them needing to buy the software.

If this answer solves your problem, please check Mark as Answered. If this answer helps, please click the Vote as Helpful button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire
Shane Devenshire

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I  have a successful Access application that writes complicated Excel templates from Access.  This works great except that some of my users are locked into Excel 2003 (politics again!). 

If there were a Excel Runtime similar to the Access Runtime that I could download, I think that would solve my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

There's no such thing as an Excel runtime.  There is an Excel viewer that you can download from microsoft.com but I'm not quite sure why you want Excel runtime when your customers already have Excel 2003?
Tushar Mehta (Technology and Operations Consulting)
www.tushar-mehta.com (Excel and PowerPoint add-ins and tutorials)
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-Present
Tushar Mehta (MVP Excel 2000-2015)
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins
www.tushar-mehta.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 2,596 Last updated: April 5, 2018 Applies to: