How can I change the Load Behavior of a COM Add-In to Load at Startup?

I've been using the Team Foundation Add-in for Excel 2013 since day 1, and it's worked perfectly. I had some problems recently--I can't remember if Excel crashed or I didn't have connectivity to the TFS server or what--and I lost the TEAM tab. I found that this was because the Team Foundation Add-in was unloaded. If I start it back up (Options > Add-Ins > Manage: COM Add-Ins > Go... > check box) it works okay, but I have to manually load the add-in each time I open Excel.

In looking at the other add-ins, I see some of them have Load Behavior: Load at Startup. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the Load Behavior for the Team Foundation Add-In, though!

How can I change the Load Behavior of the Team Foundation Add-in to Load at Startup?

Thanks,

Adam

Answer
Answer

Fixed it! Here's what I did. Some of these steps may not be necessary. Note that I have 32-bit Office 2013 on my 64-bit machine with Visual Studio 2012.

• Started Office as Administrator (Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\EXCEL.EXE)
  • Opened COM Add-Ins and deleted three entries for Team Foundation Add-in
  • Re-added the add-in (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Team Foundation Server\11.0\x86\TFSOfficeAdd-in.dll)

Once I re-added the add-in, its Load Behavior was correctly showing as Load at Startup. I closed Excel and re-launched from the usual, non-administrator start menu shortcut, and the add-in was correctly loaded.

109 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2024 Views 84,728 Applies to: