Excel cells default background is dark

Hi all, 
I have installed a great dark theme for Windows 7 however the disadvantage is that in Microsoft Excel 2016 all cells have a default dark background now. 

Microsoft Word had the same problem but changing background for Normal.dotm (in the AppData -> Templates) and having selected "Show background colors and images in Print Layout"  -  have fixed this problem.

However I can't fix it for Excel. I have tried to do templates and theme and save a template in XLSTART folder in AppData (everything possible i could find online) - but nothing really worked, you cant just open excel and start working. With template it opens first worksheet with white background and if you want to insert another worksheet - its again dark. 

Is there a way to change default background color of cells? So that even if i open an excising documents - it will have a white background? 

Kind Regards,
Margarita

Have you tried "Page Layout" -> "Delete Background"?

Or If you can't find "Delete Background", and can see "Background", then maybe try clicking the "Bakground" button in the ribbon and select a clear white rectangle that you previously created.

["Page Layout" -> "Background"]

you can easily create a small rectangular PNG (or any type of picture file you want) using the "Snipping tool" [already installed on windows] and croping a small white rectangle from any empty area on any webpage [e.g this page here :)]

I know the solution sounds naive, but sometimes it's these simple steps that can solve these annoying problems.

Hope it helps...

M Shoukry.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2020 Views 13,573 Applies to: