Poor cell border quality when exporting to PDF

I've noticed that cells that are bordered using the thin, solid line style show up much thicker when exporting to PDF using the driver built-in to Excel. To illustrate, I created two columns that are bordering using thin and dotted line styles in colors ranging from black 100% to white 5%.

Here's what I want (screen shot of Excel):

And when I export to PDF using the exporter built-in to Excel, here's what I get (screen shot of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, same results using other PDF viewers):

Please let me know how this can be fixed. I've tried exporting with CutePDF and get similar results, so this must be an issue on the Excel side. I'm using Excel 2013  (15.0.4997.1000) running on Windows 7 64-bit.

-Kurt

Answer
Answer

Hi Kurt,

It's possible that the issue is with the built-in printer driver of Excel. We recommend that you repair your Office by following the steps under Repair in Control Panel in this article: Repair or remove programs in Windows 10. If the issue persists after repairing your Office, we suggest that you run the Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.2. The Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.2 analyzes Microsoft Office programs for known configurations that can cause problems. To learn how to run it, kindly refer to this page: Microsoft Office Configuration Analyzer Tool 2.2. Once done, check if the issue persists.

If both tools fail to resolve the issue, we recommend that you post a feedback here: Excel UserVoice: Excel for Windows (Desktop Application). Excel UserVoice was specifically created so our developers can cater to our customer's feedback and suggestions. Kindly frequently revisit your post to see the status of your feedback.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2020 Views 193 Applies to: