• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

How can I save a csv with utf-8 encoding using Excel 2013?

Spacetraveller asked on
Hi!

I would like so save a csv file from an Excel 2013 sheet with utf-8 encoding. I have not seen an option for this in the user interface. However there is an option after pressing save under the tools dropdown list / webalternatives / encoding. But if I select utf-8 there it has no effect.

Does someone know how to do this?

/Peter
151 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Knútur Óli Magnússon replied on

One easy way to change excel ANSI encoding to UTF-8 is the open the .csv file in notepad then select File > Save As. Now at the bottom you will see encoding it set to ANSI change it to UTF-8 and save the file as new file and then your done. If someone has a program or script that can do this without notepad I sure would like to know how.

Hope this info helps someone.

85 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress