Unable to resize chart in MS Excel in separate sheet

Hi,

Not sure whether this is a problen due to an update, first time ever i have this problem. 

When I move a chart to a new sheet, it's very small and i cannot resize it no matter what. both manual, or via the format boxes (which are greyed out) i cannot resize to a usable size. 

Resizing on the original sheet is no problem, but i want to move the chart to a dedicated sheet

Using the latest version of excel. Been using office for like 15 years, never had this problem before. 

Anyone have an idea? 

Screenshot attached 

Answer
Answer

Hi Steve,

Starting from Excel 2010, we cannot adjust the size of the chart area when the chart is located on a chart sheet. Refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2850644. To investigate the Chart too small issue, I suggest you try to reset the default printer to see the outcome. Go to Control Panel -> View devices and printers -> select one of the printers -> right click on it and select Set as default printer.

If the issue persists, I’d like to confirm the following information.

1. What is the version of your Excel client? Go to File -> Account and provide a screenshot of the product information for us.
  2. Did you use the Move Chart function to move the chart?
  3. Which Chart Type and Style do you use?
  4. Does the issue only occur to the specific file?
  5. Do other users in your organization encounter the same issue?

Thanks,
Ran

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2021 Views 3,498 Applies to: