Excel Web Queries not working (Search Ads 360)

My team and I recently updated our passwords for Google Adwords. We have a doc that pulls in various web queries from our google account and for the past few days keep running into an error. Due to the updated password Excel was no longer pulling in our web queries. When we launch "Web (legacy)" in our Excel doc and paste over our search query link we encounter a page that asks for our google login. We enter our email and then get an error page saying "The browser or app may not be secure. Try using a different browser". The problem is Internet Explorer is the only browser available to pull in web queries through Excel. We are unable to login into our accounts so Excel can pull the queries. I've tried going into the web query settings and have found no solution. Does anyone have an idea of what we can do to pull the new queries in? The issue is we can not login into our Google accounts from the IE window Excel launches to pull in queries and I cannot find a way, if even possible, to use a different browser in Excel. 

Thanks! 

Answer
Answer

I've experienced this issue on & off over the years and the below workaround has always proved successful:

Try opening Internet Explorer and loading the SA360 query there (paste it into the address bar & hit enter). It will ask you to sign in to your google account and it will complete successfully this time since its using the full browser (not the stripped down version within excel). Once logged in from IE, go back to excel and try creating the web query once again. The authorisation should carry across.

The downside is that it will need to be reauthorised from that computer from time-to-time, but this has always worked for me.

hope this helps.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 21, 2023 Views 3,192 Applies to: