Excel COM Add-in (JPM's ACCESS Insight)

I'm installing JPMorgan's ACCESS Insight Excel add-in which is supposed to show up on the ribbon as shown in the screenshot. The installation says complete but the add-in doesn't show up on the ribbon. I've checks the add-ins options and it's not there for me to manually enable. I've uninstalled and re-installed several times with no luck.

Is there an extra step involved when adding an add-in in Office 365 for business?

|

There are no extra steps in installing an add-in from a third party.

Options>Add-ins>Manage com add-ins>Go.......... and its not listed?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Nope. All it has is Acrobat PDFMaker and three add-ins for Power Mar, Power Pivot, and Power View. I've even tried using the "Add..." option but it's not there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TP16,

Sorry for the late reply.

Very often, an Excel add-in is packaged in a zip file. Unzip the file, and store the add-in in the User Add-in Library i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

Windows protects your computer from malicious software that came from a different computer, you might need to unblock the add-in. For this, right click on the add-in file in Windows Explorer, and choose Properties. At the bottom of the General tab of the Properties dialog, there may be a notice that the file may be blocked, and there is a checkbox to unblock the file. Check the Unblock box and click OK.

Now to install, follow the steps below:

1. In Excel, click the File tab, click Options, and then click the Add-Ins category.
  2. In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins, and then click Go. The COM Add-Ins dialog box appears.
  3. In the Add-Ins available box, select the check box next to the add-in that you want to install, and then click OK. If the add-in that you want to use is not listed in the Add-Ins available box, click Add, and then locate the add-in.

Reference View, manage, and install add-ins in Office programs and Add or remove add-ins in Excel

Thanks,

Neha

-------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi TP16,

I am writing to follow up on this case. Did you check above reply? Please update us when you have time.

Regards,

Neha

-------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2021 Views 798 Applies to: