font size in vba editor in excel 2016

font size in vba editor cannot be changed. it stays a 9 even though I change it to say 16 

Reply In reply to deleted message

Hi Tasos,

I think that tarponthomasgibson's problem relates to the font setting for code modules in the VBA editor:

However, I am unable to reproduce the indicated problem. If, as indicated by the OP, I change my font size from 9 (as in the above screenshot), to 16, the format of my code becomes:

===

Regards,

Norman

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't know Norman, maybe you're right.
--------------------------------
Microsoft365 on Windows 10
---------------------------------

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tasos.

I don't know Norman, maybe you're right.

And maybe not! Let us see what response is forthcoming from tarponthomasgibson.

===

Regards,

Norman

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

Norman

The steps you show are exactly what I have done.

I repeated your test, change to Times New Roman size 16

My set up is:  ASUS Laptop with Windows 10 - Office 365 - Excel 2016

Result:  Module code font changed to Times New Roman, BUT the size remained at 9.

Repeating your test on my other computer with Windows 7 pro and excel 2010 it worked. 

Another problem (which may be related) is that the Userform toolbox is tiny and I don't know how to increase its size.

Thanks

Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem and it appears to be related to screen resolution. I believe it is independent of the version of Office (I have 2007, 2010 & 2013). I have a laptop with a 4k screen - at full resolution, the largest font size I can get on the VBA editor is 8, which is barely readable. I have even tried changing the font size in the registry to no avail. However, if I reduce the screen resolution I can then get a larger font size. My desktop PC with a standard 1080p monitor doesn't have the problem.

Also, as Tom mentions, form controls (not the activex ones) such as checkboxes become too small to read at high resolution.

I think it must be due to the way fonts are used in the vba editor, but I am astonished that nobody at Microsoft have noticed and that it persists even in the 2016 version!

Cheers,

John

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem John. I have Surface Pro 4 and can hardly read the vba editor, which is set a 8. I went to tools>options>general format>font size. click to 12 and zippo, nothing, yarda. Online has limited info for this issue as well. I do hope there is an answer or eye strain head aches will continue.

Cheers,

Alex.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just seen a similar problem that makes me think John is right -- the problem is related to screen resolution.

I'm teaching a class where we use Excel VBA and I had the Editor open. A student on the back row asked me to increase the font size. I went to Tools/Option/Editor Format/Size, changed the font size to 14 -- and nothing happened.

Got back to my office and repeated the process, the font changed just like it always had before.

I'm thinking that when I was in class, connected to the projector, the Display settings were optimized by the OS for the limited resolution on the projector. When I tried to change the font size, it didn't work because Editor thought the font would display. When I got back to the office, it worked fine.

Interestingly, after I changed the font size back in my office, when I went to class the next day and connected to the projector again, the Editor kept the font settings from my office and displayed the larger font.

For me the work around was to change the display setting (in my case by disconnecting from the projector in the classroom), change the font, then reconnect to the projector.

Jeff

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2023 Views 3,636 Applies to: