Tracking changes with Shared Excel file

I have a shared Excel 2016 file for which I am setting the track changes to show all changes by everyone on screen. After I save, close and open the file. The setting does not stay to highlight that changes were done by me to the next user.

The setting reverts to changes since my last save and does not highlight the changes that I made last.

If I make the settings again. It shows up. I want the file to open with the settings that I make and close it with. Is there something more I need to do, for that to stick?

Hi sv_backlit,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community. I hope you're having a great day.

According to this support article, you would need to configure the option to track the changes made on a shared Workbook every time you open the file with at least one trackable changes. I would highly recommend that you submit this idea in to keep the settings when tracking changes in our Excel UserVoice. This would help our developers improve our products, and might include this on our future updates.

Should you have any other concern, don't hesitate to post back in the Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had seen this article. The article note is about the history worksheet. I am not using that feature.

I am posting this reference in the Excel UserVoice. This is the reference.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I appreciate your response. In the article I've provided you, there's also a drop-down about viewing the tracked changes. See the image below:

Kindly monitor your post in UserVoice, as our developers might provide update on that.

If you have other concerns, simply post back.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2020 Views 79 Applies to: