How to fill in the Excel Calendar template month-by-month

Hello

I'm using one of Excel pre-built template (Calendar creator (any year).  I've typed in 2018 in the designated cell, but only January has filled in.  How do I fill in the remaining months. (See snapshot below)

Thanks

Hi Nickitta,

If you’re using an Excel Calendar Template, the dates should automatically populate once you changed the year. It applies to Excel Online and all versions of the Excel application. Here’s a link where you can download the Excel Calendar Template. Clicking the Download button will allow you to use the template in the Excel desktop application. Choosing the Edit in Browser option will open the template in Excel Online.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like your Office application is not activated. If an Office application is inactive, there is a possibility that you will not be able to use most of the functions. You might want to activate your Office application before using the Excel Calendar Template. Click here for the instructions on how to activate your Office 2010.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nickitta,

If you’re using an Excel Calendar Template, the dates should automatically populate once you changed the year. It applies to Excel Online and all versions of the Excel application. Here’s a link where you can download the Excel Calendar Template. Clicking the Download button will allow you to use the template in the Excel desktop application. Choosing the Edit in Browser option will open the template in Excel Online.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like your Office application is not activated. If an Office application is inactive, there is a possibility that you will not be able to use most of the functions. You might want to activate your Office application before using the Excel Calendar Template. Click here for the instructions on how to activate your Office 2010.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Hi Kristine

I'm also using the PC at work (a large firm) and it still doesn't populate the other months in the calendar?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your response. We were able to reproduce the concern on our end and it is working as expected. That being said, we need additional information to isolate your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using the same Office credentials when logging in to Excel in your personal and work computer.?
  • Are you using the same version of Excel in your personal and work computer?
  • Were you able to use the calendar template before? If so, did you make any changes before this issue happened?
  • Does it happen when recreating the file with the same template using a different Office credential?
  • Is it happening when Excel is in safe mode? Click here for instructions on how to open Office application in safe mode.

We will be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Step 1, buy microsoft techs new glasses.

Step 2, look at the template-specifically February.  Notice how Thursday Feb 1st is in the 5th! row of the Feb calendar?  Because of this the 28th of February doesn't show in the Feb calendar and March doesn't know what day of the week March 1st is.

I haven't used this template, but I'd check the formatting in cells C13-I17 and see if the top rows are blank or have other formatting errors?

Once Feb 1 is in row 13 rather than 17 I bet the rest of the template will work fine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"Step 1, buy microsoft techs new glasses."

Your sarcasm has been noted, but thanks anyway for trying to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply, but this is not what causing the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to confirm if you’re still experiencing the same issue. If yes, kindly provide us the information we were asking above. This way we can isolate your concern and provide the best possible resolution.

You can also proceed with repairing your Office application. Here’s a link that would walk you through the steps on how to repair an Office application.

Looking forward to your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to confirm if you’re still experiencing the same issue. If yes, kindly provide us the information we were asking above. This way we can isolate your concern and provide the best possible resolution.

You can also proceed with repairing your Office application. Here’s a link that would walk you through the steps on how to repair an Office application.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Kirstine

I'm a bit wary of repairing the entire Office suite.  I don't get the option to repair just Excel.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you repair an Office application, the tool will repair the entire Office suite. Of course, it is still your decision if you want to run the repair or not. However, most of the issues happening with an Office application can be fixed by repairing the Office suite.

Should you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What system date format are you using? I am using YYYY-MM-DD, and the sheet doesn't work at all (#VALUE! errors in every cell). But if I switch to the US-centric M-d-yyyy format, everything works. So it's a flaw in the template.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 21, 2024 Views 3,669 Applies to: