XL 2010: Can’t Unhide Worksheets in a w/b ??

Hello;
1. The XL 2003 w/b works fine in XL 2010. It has a number of worksheets which I’d hidden a while back.
I’m trying to unhide those hidden sheets to re-examine and/or improve the computations there, but I’m unable to make any of those sheets visible.
I probably did something tricky some years ago to hide those sheets so I woldn't mess-up with them in the future, and now I’m absolutely stuck!
2. The w/b is not protected, nor any of the unhidden worksheets.
When right-click any of of the visible sheets, most of the options are grayed out (incl. Hide and Unhide). The only available options are: “View Code”, “Protect Sheet”, and “Select All Sheets” (which selects the visible sheets).
3. In the VBAProject pane, I can see ALL the hidden and unhidden sheets in the w/b.
Selected one of the hidden worksheets. The Properties pane showed its “Visible” property as “0-XlSheetHidden”.
Changed the property to “-1-XlSheetVisible”, got the VBA error msg:
Unable to set the visible property of the Worksheet class.”
Even out of curiosity when I tried to reverse the “visible” property of a visible sheet, I got the same VBA error.
Your advice and help would be greatly appreciated and acknowledged
Monir
(New to both: XL 2010 & Win 7 Pro)
Answer
Answer

It seems to me that you have protected the workbook for structure. To unprotect the workbook goto the Rewiev tab > Protect workbook > Protect Structure and Windows > Enter password if required

Hopes this helps.

113 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2023 Views 21,642 Applies to: