1) First you need to open a Microsoft Word document
2) Click the MOB (Microsoft Office Button) at the top left corner
3) At the bottom of that menu is a button labeled "Word Options" (it's next to "Exit Word")
4) On the left side is a list. Click "Add-Ins"
5) At the bottom of this menu there is a small box next to the word Manage
6) Click that box and select "Disabled Items" from the list
7) Once you have selected this click the "Go" next to it
8) A new window will open and if on of the options has the words "Spell Check" then select this
9) Once the option is selected then proceed with clicking Enable.
10) Close the "Word Options" menu and proceed to type an obvious misspelled word to test it.
In Outlook, launch a new message.
Go to Proofing > Spelling dropdown > Set Language
Ensure the Do not check spelling or grammar box is UNCHECKED.
Click Control Panel
Click Date, Time, Language and Regional Options
Click Regional and Language options
Go through all the options and set everything to [appropriate language]
You may have to add the Irish language in one of the options, if so add it and delete the other one
If there are two languages installed delete the non [appropriate language].
1. Delete uproof folder from %appdata%\Microsoft.
2. Click on Start > Run and type regedit
3. Expand the folder HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Proofing
4. Rename the String Values DLL and LEX to oldDLL and oldLEX
5. Close the registry editor and check the issue
I hope one of these works for you.
16 people were helped by this reply
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.