side by side with just one ribbon

Hopefully this will make sense.

In previous versions of Excel, when you do the side by side view, there was one formula bar and ribbon across the top workbook.  If the bottom workbook was active and you clicked on the ribbon, it made the change to the bottom workbook.

With Office 365, each workbook now has it's own ribbon and formula bar.  If the bottom workbook is active and you clicked on the ribbon, it makes the requested change to the top workbook.  This is annoying for two reasons: A- I forget that it's independent and have to undo a lot (what can I say, old habits die hard); and 2- without the bottom ribbon present you could view more rows of each workbook.  And yes, I tried hiding the bottom ribbon and that does give me more rows, but on the bottom workbook only.  The top remains with fewer rows showing.

So I guess my question is- is this true?  Has anyone else noticed this?  And is there a way to make it go back to the old way, so that they share the top part of Excel and each show more rows?

Thanks.

Ok here are pics of the old way and the new way.

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Kelly,

As you know, the workbooks in Excel 2016 are independent. It is not feasible to use one Ribbon for multiple workbooks.

I would suggest you submit your feedback to our Excel user voice. Your providing feedback is the best way to perfect our products and services. Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Ran

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 7, 2021 Views 384 Applies to: