Question

Q: Power Pivot broken: runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in This thread is locked from future replies

I'm running Office Professional Plus 2010 on windows 7  64 bit Ultimate . Excel is Version 14.0.4760.1000  The Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Modeler.FieldList.dll version is 10.50.1600.1   PowerPivot for Excel is listed as Com Add-In. When I bring up the "COM Add-Ins" dialog, the PowerPivot for Excel Add-In is listed but unchecked. Load Behavior is "Load at Startup". If I check it and then click 'ok' and then re open the dialog, it isn't checked anymore, and the Load Behavior says "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in The suggested solution using Windows Server 2008 64 bit for same problem does not seem to work. Can anyone help with this problem I have.

Answer

A:

Found the solution. You need Visual Studio 2010 Tools For Office Runtime.

download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=20479, install, load excel and try to check PowerPivot in the Developer>COM Add-ins menu.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

11 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

Hello....

I found a workaround!!! 

File -> Options -> Trust Center -> (click) Trust Center Settings -> Add-Ins
Then uncheck Require Applications Add-Ins To be Signed by Truster Publisher.

That will allow you to install the add-in. I haven't tried to get it back again to keep security but do some tests and let us know if you know other way to trust an Add-Ins which has no Publisher on it.

Regards,

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 18390 Last updated: February 22, 2018 Applies to: