Question

Q: I can't print from Excel. I can print from Word.

I can't print from Excel.  I can print from Word.  I have tried using an Epson and then an HP printer and I still couldn't print.  I updated to MS 10 and still can't print.  No one offers a toll free number anymore and I don't have time to deal with this, which is why at least 3 months have gone by and I signed up to ask this question.  And yes, I set it as default, it shows up in Excell; however as soon as I click on the HP printer option, it tells me it is not there!  If I send the document to myself on my ipod touch, I can print it, but it doesn't print right!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1] Try to print from XPS printer and check what happens. To do so follow the steps provided below:

a.    Open Excel file..

b.    Click on File ->print.

c.    Click on the drop down arrow for print and select Send to Microsoft XPS document  writer.

d.    Try to print and verify the status.

2] If you’re able to print then update the printer drivers one at a time.

3] If you’re unable to print from XPS printer then repair Office 2010 and verify the status. To do so go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Select the Office 2010 suite installed > Click on Change > Repair > Continue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

177 people were helped by this reply

Thanks for trying to help.  I tried to print from xps...when I hit print, it wanted me to save the doc and when I did, it said it was printing..the print icon even showed up on the bottom of the screen..but it soon disappeared. And nothing printed.  So then I went to step 3 and that didn't work either.  I chose the printer, click on print and it tells me it isn't there.  I should also mention that no matter what I do, it will not let me select the printer as the default printer.  I have done this many times, so I know how to do it, but it won't stay default.

Sorry this didn't help.

104 people were helped by this reply

Once you print to XPS, it gives you an option to save.

Once you have saved the file the file, and the printing process is over, you would have to go to the location where the file has been saved and open it to check.

Check if you are able to find the printed file there.

As for the issue of not being able to set your printers as default, it would be best if you post your query in the following forum:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-hardware

Sorry this didn't help.

29 people were helped by this reply

I have been getting the same problem with my Epson Printer. Not sure what have been going on. It use to print any documents and now i can't print Excel spreed Sheets or any PDF files.

I currently use Microsoft Office Processional Plus 2010.  I thought it was printers (I have 2 Epson printer - WF-2530 and WF 545)

I'm currently doing the Configuration as per the instruction stated above.

Quote:

1] Try to print from XPS printer and check what happens. To do so follow the steps provided below:

a.    Open Excel file..

b.    Click on File ->print.

c.    Click on the drop down arrow for print and select Send to Microsoft XPS document  writer.

d.    Try to print and verify the status.

2] If you’re able to print then update the printer drivers one at a time.

3] If you’re unable to print from XPS printer then repair Office 2010 and verify the status. To do so go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Select the Office 2010 suite installed > Click on Change > Repair > Continue.

Will be back shortly with update.

Sorry this didn't help.

67 people were helped by this reply

Still not working after the config and reboot. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

26 people were helped by this reply

I have a work force 545 and I'm getting a scanner error whenever I power it up.  none of the buttons work so I cant figure out what is causing the problem.  has anyone else had this problem and know a fix?

thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

8 people were helped by this reply

This is my problem too after I got Epson XP410. Can't print from Excel and PDF, but okay with Word. In fact for Excel and PDF, Epson is not even in the choice of printers. Were you able to figure it out? Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

2618 people were helped by this reply

I've been messing around with this issue and found that if I set any other printer as default printer(fax/one note/pdf/whatever) and choose my normal printer from the print options it works fine, as soon as I set my printer as default it goes wrong.

Also found other networked pc's do the same.

this is office 2016/windows 7 pro/company domain setup.

Sorry this didn't help.

24 people were helped by this reply

Running windows 8, Office 2007.

Having similar problems. Everything has been working fine until recently. Can print, print review and save as PDF in Word without problems.

In Excel however, I cannot do any of this and get the message "Current printer unavailable, select another printer".

None of the fixes suggested above do any good. In fact, when I try to repair, I get a message "Microsoft Office Professional 2007 configuration did not complete successfully".

Any suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

146 people were helped by this reply

I have had the same problems ever since downloading Windows 10. I could print off my iPad and phone but not off Google, Excel, Word etc. I tried all of the suggestions and print to XPS or any other options ended in Error. Printer offline! I downloaded the latest version off Epson and after a reboot, it finally saw the printer as being offline. The only problem is that the printer on my iPad and computer have different printer names! I added the printer again with the "same name" and all of a sudden there was an Epson Printer "online" in Excel and Word but Windows popped up a msg that I needed to apply a new driver MS Cube. Now the printer doesn't work again. ???? So, frustrating. I am going to go through the process again but will not apply that driver.....cross fingers it works. PS In Epson, make sure you have the 100% correct name for your printer. Will contact back if it is successful.

Sorry this didn't help.

73 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 111,148 Last updated: July 17, 2018 Applies to: