How to remove side column numbers and top letters in Excel?

How do you remove side column numbers and top column letters A,B,C,D and so on? I do not want to see them at all nor print them. This may be a simple question to most but not to me. thanks for your help.

Ginger 
Answer
Answer
How do you remove side column numbers and top column letters A,B,C,D and so on? I do not want to see them at all nor print them. 

I've moved you inquiry from the Feedback forum to Office, Excel. The answer to your question resides within the View and Page Setup options and these are available within difference areas for different versions of Excel.

As far as viewing the row and column headers, for Excel 2007 or Excel 2010, uncheck Headings from the View tab's Show/Hide group.

To remove the row and column headers from printed output in Excel 2007 or 2010, click the small Page Setup arrow in the lower left of the Page Setup tab's Page Setup group. This is a small arrow-like button to teh right of the words Page Setup. When the Page Setup dialog opens up, go to the Sheet tab and uncheck Row and column headings from the middle Print group.

If you need more help, post back with a progress report and let us know what version of Excel and Windows you are using.

388 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 151,491 Applies to: