Disappearing hyperlinks

I have a spreadsheet that has hyperlinks to other documents (not Office docs). These documents reside on the same hard drive and folder as the spreadsheet. When I re-open the file after a few days these links disappear. Why?  The text in each cell is still highlighted but the link does not work. I've had to manually reset these links many times already.  Suggestions PLEASE!!!  Using Office 2007 - not sure which flavour..

Thanks!
Dave 
Answer
Answer

Is the computer on a domain/network?

Try running Excel as administrator, then open the Excel file and check if the hyperlinks work fine.

Close Excel > go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 > right click on excel > click Run as Administrator.

Note: For Windows 64 bit, the location is C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12.

If it works fine when run as administrator, follow the steps below to always run Excel as administrator.

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 > right click on excel > select Properties > Compatibility tab > under Privilege Level, check the box ‘Run this program as an administrator’ > click Apply & OK.

Does the issue happen only with one file?

If yes, you may also open the Excel file using the Open & Repair option and see if that helps. Open Excel > click the Office button > click Open > browse & select the concerned Excel file > click the drop down menu and select Open & Repair at the bottom right corner.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 24, 2024 Views 4,578 Applies to: