Bug in Excel 365: Not maintaining Date formats correctly once set.

Hello everyone:

A quick check of the forums suggests this exact bug hasnt been posted...apologies if it has

Ok, so I am using Excel 365

Platform: Macbook Air. .

Note that this bug affects both 'edit in broswer' and opening it on my computer..

This behaviour occurs in both Chrome & Safari

This is a brand new worksheet - created in office 365, nothing added to the sheet except some ordinary text.

No functions or other cross-referencs, macros etc. Very,very simple at this stage.

I create a table using the 'Format as table' function.

One of those fields in my table will contain a date, so I type it in.

Bug : The country of the format changes 

How it occurs:

I reset the date format using the right click - format ;- English (UK) .

I am forced to do this due to the default date being assumed to be american (which really ought to be fixed as well, guys) ....The date now appears in the right format.

HOWEVER, when I examine the formatting of the cell , I discover it is now set to Armenian ! ....or azerbyjani - or other countries ...but not the country I set it to, which was English (UK) ...

This seems to be because these countries share  same layout  as whatever I select.

Is anyone else seeing this ? is there a workaround ?

This is a spreadsheet for business use, so I can't unfortunately have the date formatting remain as is.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2019 Views 171 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Nicholson,

Thanks for your updates.

Our engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on it but there is no ETA to the firm fix date. We are highly recommended to provide feedbacks via UserVoice so that our engineering team can hear your voice on this feature directly.

Regards,

Yoga

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.