office 365 pro excel addin fro store will not load

* Thread locked

When I look in my external addins all frontlineSolvers products are there but none will load, when i go through the store and select office 365 to redownload I get this error,

It is a mystery when I try to download from addins, they can not be found, nor can I re-download, they are one of excels oldest collaborators, they designed the original solver engine for excel, they are not in any way malicious.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Dear Hector,

From your description, it seems that you download the add-in from online  and the error message pops up when you open the Excel application. For example, you download the add-ins from https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?page=1&src=office&search=solver. So could you  provide the add-ins’ URLs for our clarification?

Meanwhile, check if the issue happens when you download the specific add-ins. About “It is a mystery when I try to download from addins, they can not be found, nor can I re-download”, could you upload some related screenshots?

I’d like you to first check whether you are using the latest version of the Office applications. If no, I suggest you update the version, restart the computer and then do a test to see the result.

What version of the Office applications you are using, Office for Windows or Office for Mac? Please upload a full screenshot of the Account page in the Excel application you are using for our reference as well.

Note: Remove any private information before uploading the screenshots.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Hector,

Welcome to share any updates when you have time if you need further help on this issue.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This was logged through the office 365 portal and I always update regularly, it is excel pro plus, because I am a quant and need heavy number crunching grunt, I do not care about lovely pictures fonts formats that is not what excel is for, though most use it as a graphics program that can do a bit of adding up.

I downloaded the 3 frontline solver addins 2 years ago or so but never tried to use them when I was engaged in a job that needed heavy solver power embarrassingly they would not load. So afterwords I went home and clicked on options addins and they did not appear on either xlam or com addins, no amount of trying to download direct got past first base, so I went to store online and at  least got to their download page, and had some partial success, but it just would time out and give this error, I am truly mystified.

Are they hidden in a system file, are they not compatible with office 365, I am going to try and jot a line to customer help at frontline solvers, nearly always microsoft can never answer any real problems without promises of $100 an hour technicians to be paid or no answer. I have spent hours and hours with actual staff from microsoft about the ordinary solver before; after 3 months I gave up they could not fix it, i wiped my whole hard drive after backing up and reinstalled then it worked , what a shoddy service.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am not hector vector for a start do not know how I ended up on hector vectors post, **** , WTH.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I would not use a mac in a mouse plague.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Hector,

Thanks for letting us know the situation and I’m sorry for the inconvenience the issue caused in your environment.

From your detailed description, it seems that the issue happens in the Excel for Mac application in your environment and you have solved the issue by wiping the whole hard drive and reinstalling it by yourself. I’m happy to hear that the issue has gone away in your environment. For such issues, I think that the first thing you can check is to check whether you are using the latest version of the Excel for Mac application as some issues may be related to the version of the Excel for Mac application. In your situation, there seems to be some other add-ins preventing the Excel add-ins from loading fine. So as a suggestion, I suggest you close all other programs and only run the Excel for Mac applications to see the result as well.

To improve our products and for you to get a better user experience, I also suggest you use the feedback tool in the upper-right corner of your app to report the issue to our related team directly so that they can be aware of such an issue and develop more compatible add-ins  with the Excel for Mac application.

For the posting name you mentioned, I suggest you post a new thread in the Community Participation Center on our forum for further help. The engineers there will help you further on your posting account issues.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

"Hector", is ir possible that you have another account that you cannot access Answers with for some reason? Is that part of the basis of your frustration?

Is it also possible that your original account was blocked because you used foul language or another moderator objected to your threads and banned the account?

Do you use a gaming console and were participating in one of those forums?

Or perhaps you are trying to use the wrong login. Remember that your login is the one for your Microsoft account and it is used across your services and accounts with Microsoft. If you forgot your password you need to use the password reset feature in you login. That will require another email address that you can access to retrieve the code and log in then change your password.

You can help yourself greatly if you can get past that anger and provide a better description of what the problem could be for you. At any rate it sounds like many pent up frustrations.

This is a volunteer help forum, some people associated with Microsoft do moderate here but the rest of us are users like you trying to help. This is in no way 'official Microsoft support', however, since you use a paid product that is possibly still under support on the current Windows OS (10) you could possibly seek help from Microsoft support. You should be due at least that much, perhaps it would help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

PS Nobody can tell what you are using in any way here. It's good to know but in this case should have little to do with why you have the problem you are asking about.

Someone in CPC noted your thread and asked about the link. I hope they will jump in and provide more details as I won't claim to make an original answer based on that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reply In reply to deleted message

Please get over that and focus, Insulting the person that incorrectly answered your question is again the code of conduct of this site anyway. Focus on the problem you have with your WINDOWS PC.

Office 365 is a paid program via subscription. You have support options in that respect from the actual Microsoft support. Have you tried that?

This isn't official support. It's a peer to peer help forum hosted by Microsoft with a few people that work for them watching over it. I'm sorry that this guy missed something you said but yelling about it does nothing.

Step back and figure out what happened. Do you know that the app(s) you want are actually available from the store? And just because something is listed does not mean it's availanle for you and may carry a price?

Another thing to consider is are you trying to download to the correct place? Have you lost track of the download?

Why not download to the desktop? You will see it there easily. If you don't have enough disk space or meet the specifications needed to use it things might fail. But downloading to the desktop means you can find it right there and install it.

I have no idea what problem you have specifically but you haven't really said much about that. But I have used Windows for 35 years, I've had to figure things out at least 12 years before I had any internet, Step back and think a bit. It might help. might not, but yelling won't help anything.

Now, what are you doing in specific when this problem occurs? Can you post any screen shots of the error message(s) or page? The command is control + alt + the print screen key all at the same time, then paste the image into Paint, save the image(s) and use the next to last icon in thecomposing window (the box with mountains and a sun) to upload the image(s) from where you saved them on your computer.

Maybe somebody can get some ideas to guide you from that. You'll have to help some though. I'll try but I don't guarantee to be right necessarily either. You also might try using the site search function to find similar questions. It's probable that you aren't the only one that has had a problem like this and there are likely clues from other questions that aren't the same but the answer is similar.

I hope you can figure it out. But don't yell, please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have never been banned, do not swear or abuse , I get emphatic out of the frustration from simplistic inane 'Dorothy Dixer ' answers and replies.

I do not know what your point is but it is unrelated and unwelcome.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 269 Applies to: