Excel 2016 Mac Problem Bug Linking Cells Between Worksheets

I have multiple worksheets in my excel document. I am trying to link data from a cell on worksheet 2 to a cell on worksheet 1. I enter "=" in the cell on Worksheet 1 and then click on Worksheet 2 and go to the cell that I want to reference/link. When I click on it, nothing happens in the cell on Worksheet 1. Yet the formula appears on a random cell in Worksheet 2. I have had no problem doing this before and the same workbook/document has multiple inter-sheet links from previous work I have done on it. All of a sudden this problem started happening today. Please help me figure this out. Very frustrating. Thank you. Brad. 
Answer
Answer

Hi Everyone,

I’d like to make a summary about this case, so other community members who come across this thread will easily find the useful information:

========================

Issue description:

The formula/value will be in a random cell after linking cells between worksheets when you store the workbooks in Dropbox.

More information:

Original, we have identified the issue will disappear when we go to the Dropbox settings and set the Dropbox badge to "Never show"..

Now, the issue should have gone away. It seems that the issue has been fixed by Dropbox in their latest release. For more information, refer to: 

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Sharing-and-collaboration/Issue-with-Excel-files/m-p/213012#M13803

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.​

========================

If you have any other questions, feel free to start a new thread and we will keep assisting you from there.

Regards,

Sky

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 9, 2023 Views 40 Applies to: