File compatibility issues with Mac Office365 and Windows Office365

I recently (last week) installed Office365 on several of my computers.  One computer runs Office365 as native Mac applications and the other runs in a Windows environment (Windows 10 on Parallels) I was forced to do this because office365 only supports the 2 most recent Apple OS versions.

I created a macro-enable sheet in the windows environment and then tried to open it in the native mac version of Excel.

Says its incompatible and forces me to open as read only.  When I do this Excel crashes consistently :-(.

What gives?  How can I work on different OSs without having this happen.  What file format do I save the workbook in to make this problem go away??

Thanks

Greg

|
Answer
Answer

...office365 only supports the 2 most recent Apple OS versions.

PMFJI, but that isn't true: You didn't specify which release of macOS is in use on the Mac you were forced to use a VM or whether you're using Office 2016 or Office 2019, but all editions of Mac Office more recent than Office 2004 can be used on macOS 10.12.x or later [i.e., 3 most recent releases]. (Understandably, Office 2008 has problems with macOS 10.14.x though.) Office 2016 [through version 16.16.9 at least] is supported on macOS 10.10.x or later.

AI: Artificial Intelligence or Automated Idiocy???
Please mark Yes/No as to whether a Reply answers your question.

Regards,
Bob J.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 25, 2019 Views 120 Applies to: