Repeated Sign in Required for Office 365

Every so often (every 1-2 restarts) of my Windows 8 computer, I am prompted to "Sign In"/"Activate your account" when I open any Office 365 program. After I do so I get a message "This computer has been added to your account." I cannot use any Office product when I am not connected to the internet, ie on Public Transport, because I am always prompted for a sign in, and when I click cancel on these messages I get a "Please wait while we get your new Office ready for you" which loads indefinitely.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Office Community.

Let us run the Office 365 applications as an Administrator and then try working and check the status.

To run the Office application as an administrator, browse the following location.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX86\Root\Office15 or C:\Program Files (x86) \Microsoft Office 15\ ClientX64\Root\Office15’ file.

Right click on Winword.exe, Excel.exe or Outlook.exe and then click on ‘Run as Administrator’.

If issue still persists, repair the Office suite following instructions mentioned in the article below and verify the result.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/repair-office-programs-HA010357402.aspx

Hope it helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2023 Views 2,893 Applies to: