Cancelled subscription and billed twice afterwards

You have the technical savvy to create sophisticated programs yet cannot properly control billing. This tells me that you just want to be difficult.

I cancelled my subscription and today my card got charged for the monthly payment AGAIN.

Mind you, this is after I received a cancellation letter and then chatted online with one of your representatives and specifically asked for ALL my information to be wiped from your system. The date on the letter below says Nov 24th. I canceled BEFORE that date. That was the date I was billed. I chatted with your customer service rep and he cancelled my subscription for a second time. That's why that date is showing up.

Today is Christmas EVE and I am stuck on your website following a tangle of links getting me no where. Your service is awful. I chatted with a representative and she told me the system was down and she couldn't access my account (see screen shots below). I then tried for a call back but since I am NOT in the U.S. my number was rejected from your system.

I WANT A REFUND FOR THE TWO MONTHS I WAS BILLED AFTER CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION.

Please DO NOT send me an email and ask me to visit your help center. Your Help Center is useless. And NO, I will NOT call your office long distance either. AND please Do NOT write me with another excuse that you can't access my account information. If I could log on to this forum then you have all the back-end information you need to access my account. I will no longer jump through the myriad of hoops that Microsoft has made me jump through in the past for absolutely nothing. I want this issue resolved ASAP, I want a refund and I want ALL my information completely wiped from your system.

You should be ashamed at the quality of your service and how much time you make people waste for YOUR mistakes.

April

Perhaps you are unaware that this is a peer to peer site staffed mostly by volunteers that have little or no contact with Microsoft.  We have no access to your billing and can do nothing for you here.

The only people that can help you are the billing department that you don't want a number for.
Cat herder
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
http://www.zigzag3143.com/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This post was at a last resort.

There is no email I can write to and if I call the U.S. long distance the charges will cost me more than the 2 charges to my CC after I canceled my subscription. If you were in my position, would you call? I have no idea how long I will be placed on hold either

Believe me, had I found a contact email I would have used it.  But it appears that Microsoft has no intention of making cancellations and refunds hassle free.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Believe me, had I found a contact email I would have used it.  But it appears that Microsoft has no intention of making cancellations and refunds hassle free.

No, they can make a lot of money $10 at a time ...

Try the online chat support contact. They MAY be able to transfer you to the people who can help

I recently used online chat support myself. I found it had several advantages over phone support, even though you still contact the same outsourced, support personnel:

·    No ESL accent issues

·    Provides instant time stamped transcript

·    When you get transferred to the “right” person, they can review the history

·    If they don’t read history, you can copy / paste the past conversation to them, saving you having to repeat yourself

·    They are more likely to go off line to ask other people for help (good for you)

·    You don’t have to listen to “elevator muzak” then they are off line

·    You have 2 hands free to surf the web then they are not talking to you.

For some reason, I found that waiting for online chat responses intrinsically frustrating than listening to elevator muzak.

Make sure to copy the text from the chat window and save it before closing the chat window. It is handy to have a timestamped copy of the conversation, if only to publish it on the internet ... <evil grin>

Microsoft Online Electronic Software Download (ESD) Support

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/esdentryoffice

Sorry to be part of the finger pointing merry-go-round. But there are no official published fixes from MS for your problem. We can provide generic answers. You have to pester MS for help or ask for your money back.

Many Microsoft products and product upgrades can be purchased via a retail store or online, then downloaded to your computer as an Electronic Software Download. In addition to buying your Microsoft product directly from Microsoft, you may have purchased it from another company. Please select the appropriate issue below to get assistance:

I need assistance with downloading electronic software that I purchased from an Online Retailer.
I am unable to find my product key (25 character alpha numeric product key) or my product key did not work.
I need assistance installing a downloaded product or I’ve already successfully installed the product and need technical support.
I need assistance with my PIN (27 character alpha numeric PIN) .
None of the issues above describe my issue or question.

If all else fails, you should contact your credit card company to get them to reverse the charges for those 2 months.

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Rohn! I really appreciate you taking the time to write. Very much appreciated.

Yep...  $10 a shot times all the people who can't be bothered to complain can sure pay for a lot of free vacations. They should be ashamed of themselves. Thank you for all the information. I will read over it again and make good use of it.

In the mean time, Microsoft will NEVER see a dime of my money again.

I will contact my bank today; I'm in the mid-east so banks are open.

AND

I'll just buy pirated versions of whatever I need from now on.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ME!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm STILL going through this ****. I called a local Microsoft number just now and they told me they would send me another LINK to follow to contact the right department. I called my bank to ask that they reverse the charges. Now I have to fill out a FORM OR CANCEL my credit card and have it reissued. I just now tried the automated tech service which is another POS! This is a HUGE waste of TIME

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Just now got the link that the guy on the phone sent me...

What is it?

A VIRTUAL CHAT LINK AGENT LINK.

Microsoft is like Hotel California.

You're STUCK WITH THEM

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I ended up calling the support number for the country I am in and spoke to a representative... What did he do? Mailed me a link to a Virtual Chat Assistant......

I called my bank to have the charges reversed. Now I have to fill out a form, etc. The other option is to cancel my credit card.

This company is chock full of crooks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I swear, I HATE this company.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds to me like there is a class action suit building up here ...

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 7, 2023 Views 1,050 Applies to: