How can I log out of One Drive on all devices?

My One Drive account remains open on a desktop in an office in which I used the computer, and I need to get it logged off. I have changed my password but that did not log me off. How can I do this without visiting that office again?
Try going to the MyAccount site, find your work computer and remove access to the Office subscription / license. You can grant access again later.

Overview of Subscription
.         https://account.microsoft.com/services/office/overview .

This page provides an overview of licenses and / or subscriptions you have associated with your email. You can access it directly using this link, or reach it after logging in to the high level site.

Manage Devices / Shares
.        https://account.microsoft.com/services/office/billing

This page provides a list of the other email accounts you have shared a 365 Home subscription with. It also lists the computers you have Office 365 installed on and activated.  You can “remove” a computer here to free up an activation count to allow you to install and activate on another new computer.

I found this suggestion on an earlier question, but it appears to be more for lost devices. 48 people said it help them ...

<snip>

After a bit of digging, I found this

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

(Security & Privacy menu under microsoft.com my account settings or something like that)

By finding the session you want to log out of and clicking on "report unauthorized access" or however it's written in English, you can do so. 

MS forces you to change the PW after using the feature though.

</snip>

Here is another suggestion

<snip>

Please be informed, you can also do it in other ways like, the “Recent activity” page shows info about the activity in your Microsoft account, within the last 30 days. This includes any time that you signed in to your account, whether you used a web browser, your phone, an email app, a third-party app, or another method.

You can click any activity to expand it and see additional details, including:

• The IP address of the PC or device on which the activity occurred
  • What type of device and operating system was used
  • What Internet browser or type of app, if any, was used

Some Internet providers—especially for mobile phone services—might route your activity through a different location. This can make it look like you’ve signed in from somewhere you’re not. If you’re not sure, you can always click an activity you don’t recognize to let us know.

What should I do if I see unusual account activity?

You’ll probably recognize most of the account activities listed on your Recent activity page. Even if an activity sounds suspicious at first, you can expand it to see more details and decide whether you remember it. For example, if you accidentally made a typo in your password, you’ll see Incorrect password entered in the list. Or, if you signed in to your account from a mobile phone, you might find that your service provider routed the signal through a cell tower in another city.

But if an activity looks unfamiliar, or if you see an unusual pattern (like multiple sign-in attempts or changes that you’re sure you didn’t make), let us know. We’ll help you make your account more secure to minimize any threats.

If you click “This was me”:

If we notice unusual activity on your account, we’ll give you the option to tell us you were responsible for an activity, and we’ll keep track of that info going forward. For example, if you sign in from a new location that happens to be the hotel you’re staying at on a business trip, we’ll add that location to the list of places we expect you might sign in from in the future.

If you click “This wasn’t me”:

When you tell us that you don’t recognize an activity, it’s possible that a hacker or a malicious user has gotten access to your account. To help protect your account, we’ll walk you through several steps, including changing your password and reviewing and updating your security info.

Please try the steps provided in the link below to make your Microsoft account more secure, as safeguarding your account is a top priority at Microsoft. You can help protect your Microsoft account by taking a few minutes to learn about account security and following some simple steps:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/security.aspx#

In future, if you have any issues related to Outlook.com, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar

</snip>

>

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hint: Please let us know if you try any of the above tips and which worked or not (so I can update my notes).

As computer scientists we are trained to communicate with the dumbest things in the world – computers –
so you’d think we’d be able to communicate quite well with people.
Prof. Doug Fisher

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello D.S.K.
I am V. Arya, Independent Advisor, to work with you on this issue. Remote logout is something which is still work under progress. Changing password will not log you out but this ensures that nobody can use your Onedrive on that remote computer. To be doubly sure, you can turn on Two-step verification so that nobody can use your Onedrive on that computer (it won't log you out but if somebody opens your Onedrive and tries to access, they can't log in)
https://account.microsoft.com/security

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Set up 2 Step Verification or 2 Factor Authentication on your Microsoft account.  Go to Security > More security options in your Microsoft Account.   Scroll down the page and you will see Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account.   That should do it.  Then everyone will have to use that extra step to sign in and only you will be able to do that.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 9,993 Applies to: