Question

Sign in to open "shredder.osi.office.net/shredderservice/api/aadgraph/gettenantdetails"

ScottMundell asked on
Split from this thread.

This is happening to me too recently. It happens every time I go to copy text in Word. It appears right after I right click and select copy. It is really annoying. I thought it might be a phish so I just delete it. It sounds like a problem with a recent update now though. The screen shot elsewhere in this discussion is exactly what I see. Of note I copied this to paste elsewhere and the message did not appear so it might be restricted to Office.

212 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Felix Tao MSFT replied on

Hi Everyone,

Since customers confirm the issue has been resolved by updating Office to the latest version, I'd like to make a summary which will benefit other community members who can quickly find the useful information.

Description

Open Word 2016 on Windows, select the text, and then right click it to choose Copy, the following message pops up and ask us to sign in to open

"https://shredder.osi.office.net/ShredderService/api/aadgraph/gettenantdetails"

Solution

Update Office to the latest version: Open Word or other Office clients>File>Account>Update Options>Update Now.

More information

If the issue persists after updating Office applications, please let us know or start a new thread with the screenshots of the Office application version (Go to File > Account, capture a screenshot about the information under Subscription Product and Office Updates)

Thanks,
Felix

5 people found this helpful

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Allan Lu MSFT replied on
Hi All,

We have engaged the related team to investigate this issue. We will continue to monitor the progress and share the latest status here. Currently, please try the following workaround:

1. Press Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

2. Sign out all the logged in accounts, clear the Windows credentials, and make sure you are not connecting to online service. Here are the steps:

1) Open Word, click File > Account > Sign out under User information.

2) Clear the Windows credentials: go to Control Panel > Credential Manager > Remove the Windows Credentials (e.g. MicrosoftOffice15_Data:xxx or MicrosoftOffice16_Data:xxx). (NOTE: This will remove your stored passwords.)

Regards,

Allan
18 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress