Microsoft Assure - Answer Desk

Please will somebody, anybody, tell me how to get help from or in contact with Microsoft Assure Answer Desk.

I have a subscription to Assure (renewed in May 2017) which I pay for.

I now need help from Microsoft with some software issues but have discovered that I have no way of contacting Assure to get the help that I need. 

I have been round and round the Microsoft website but with no success at all.

This seems like another thing that Microsoft is keen to take your money but reluctant to provide the service for which you have paid.

Any help appreciated.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Do you mean "Microsoft Azure"?

(Perhaps that is why you could not find it? heh)

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/account/#

.-
Shenan Stanley
MVP 2005-2011 & 2013-2015
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

No I did not mean Microsoft Azure.

I meant Microsoft Assure (just like I typed). The Microsoft "plan" for which you pay an annual fee. I paid mu annual fee in May 2017 (just like I typed above).

Under this "plan" you (should be) (are) able  to get "help desk" type assistance from Microsoft tech people. 

I have paid for the plan for the past three years and last used the help function about a year ago. It used to be that I would sign in to the Microsoft webpage and click on support. This would take me to the Assure plan.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In any case, if you really paid Microsoft, you would go thru here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/contactus/

Just like everyone else, except with your account (visible here after you logon using your credentials):

https://account.microsoft.com/

... where you should be able to see your paid subscription for whatever this 'plan' may be.

And just to be clear, here is what was said:

"It is very easy to use.  You do not need to call any particular Microsoft telephone number to use the Assure subscription, nor do you have to go to any particular Microsoft web site to use it.  Just call ANY Microsoft technical support telephone number or go to ANY Microsoft technical support web site and, if, as, or when any Microsoft person tells you that any support you need will cost you money, you just advise them that you have a Microsoft Assure subscription and, most importantly, you tell that Microsoft person your Microsoft account’s registered e-mail address and telephone number so that Microsoft person can look them up on their computer to confirm your Microsoft Assure subscription.  Your Microsoft account’s registered e-mail address and telephone number are all the information that person needs to confirm your Microsoft Assure subscription.  They do not need any other information whatsoever.

So, as sometimes happens, if that person asks you for the transaction number or the like for the purchase of your Assure subscription, immediately ask that person for the case number for your call, if you do not already have the case number. If the service tech stalls in giving you a case number, insist on being given a case number.  If the service tech still refuses, insist on talking to the service tech’s superior, and do so if necessary. 

Once you have your case number, tell that person (i) that absolutely no one that buys an Assure subscription ever receives a transaction number or the like for the purchase of their Assure subscription, (ii) that your Microsoft account’s registered e-mail address and telephone number are all the information that person needs to confirm your subscription because, with that information, your subscription confirmation then is displayed on their screen, and (iii) that, if they insist on you giving them such a number that does not exist, you will insist on speaking with their manager.  That usually puts an end to it.  If not, then speak to their manager so he can straighten them out.  If he does not know what he is doing either, then prepare a very, very detailed e-mail regarding the foregoing and send it to: I guarandamntee you it will be read and acted on.  Unfortunately, nevertheless, you will have to start over with another tech that is familiar with proper confirmation of Assure subscriptions.

Be certain to keep this same e-mail address and to use it when you have any serious problems within the Microsoft organization!  It goes to a very high corporate level in Microsoft. 

.-
Shenan Stanley
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After frustrating hours of trying to find a way to reach them, I signed into my Microsoft Account. I have a phone number here: xxx. Hope this helps. 

How dare they take our money for a service we can't reach!!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for this information. Going on the web is a good way to contact a Microsoft imposter, too. I had a problem and was shocked to see that I couldn't just connect like I used to. And I pay for this kind of service?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Thisissofrustrating,

You can refer to the information above as suggestions for the issue. If you still have some issues, I suggest you post a new thread on our forum as we can focus on the specific issues and it will help other community members who encounter the similar issues in finding the solutions quickly.

Thanks,

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you take all the given advice and do anything with it?

Did you post your specific problems here, as asked, to be looked at (typing it up now?)

.-
Shenan Stanley
Insider MVP 2016-
.-

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I signed up yesterday to fix a printing problem. Today I am trying to sign in or logon to ask another question and I can not sign in. I get error  message "A problem occured in signing in." This is the URL I am trying to reach:

https://support.microsoft.com.

Rgs

Fhen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Fhen,

For us to focus on the specific symptom of the issue you are experiencing, I suggest you post a new thread on our forum for expert help.

Thanks,

Cliff 

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2023 Views 11,877 Applies to: