Can't log in to Teams

I just downloaded Teams in order to attend a virtual training for my job. When I log in, it says it's loading, but after about 30 seconds it says there's a problem - try again. I've tried 3 times with the same result. Then when I went to your web page to ask a question, it said it was going to charge $1 - that's ridiculous!

Hi NeilGoff1,

It's free to ask questions in our community and I'm willing to help you.

Under your current situation, I suggest you

1. Re-confirm whether your Teams service is OK firstly, to do so, please try signing into Teams on the web via  https://teams.microsoft.com/.

2. Supposing you are able to sign into Teams on the web, then my understanding is that the issue is related to the Teams desktop client side. Then, please try clearing the Teams cache to see if it helps via the following steps.

1.  Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

2.  Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams

3.  Once in the directory, you’ll see a few of the following folders:

.From ‘Application Cache’, go to Cache and delete any of the files in the Cache location. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache”

.From ‘Blob_storage’, delete any files that are located in here if any. “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage”

.Within ‘Cache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache”

.Within ‘databases’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases”

.Within ‘GPUCache’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache”

.Within ‘IndexedDB’, delete the .db file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB”

Within ‘Local Storage’, delete all files “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage”

.Lastly, from ‘tmp’, delete any file “%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp”

4.Once finally done clearing, you can now restart Teams from your local desktop and check if the issue disappears.

5. Or you may try re-installing the Teams

Looking forward to hearing from you

Regards,

Eric

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi NeilGoff1,

Is the issue solved now? Please feel free to post back if you still need help on this.

Regards,

Clark

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2022 Views 1,599 Applies to: