I have a SharePoint contact list linked in Access. The list contains a Site Column, which is based on a lookup from a list at an upper-level site in the Site Collection hierarchy. Permissions are set properly across the board - regardless, I'm Owner on everything, and I'm having the problem.
If I remove the Site Column from the list, i have no problem updating records.
If I add the site column back in with no values, I can edit any column in the list, except the Site Column (which throws the error).
If I add the site column and add values into it via SharePoint site, I cannot make any changes to any columns in the record, or else it throws the error - unless the change that I make is to remove the value from the site column field; it will accept that change.
I have no problems making changes in the browser (SharePoint GUI).
I can make changes (in Access) to the list that is the source of the site column.
I can make changes to other lists on the same site that do not use the site column.
I have the same problem with other lists on the site that DO use the site column.
The site column is not based on a required field.
I am using Office 2010 SP1 and SharePoint 2010. I am a Site Collection Admin, but not a Farm Admin.
I swear this used to work, but now it doesn't. There must be some switch somewhere, or something, because I can't find too many people with the same problem by searching the web. When I do find someone with the same problem, it either turns out to be something slightly different, or it isn't answered. I actually even found one reply showing everything working properly (although I'm not sure that his lookup was a site column based on lookup).
Regardless, i don't think what I'm trying to do is unique; I'm trying to use these site columns and lookups, etc. I thought that's what they were for.
I could really use some help to figure out what I'm missing...