Goods database template support?

I have downloaded the Access template "Goods" to track customer orders.  Unfortunately, the links for supporting info are broken links.  I have some questions about using it.  Is this a template I can still get support from the community for?

Or does anyone know of a different database template to track customer info and orders.  Ours is a very simple business with very few products to sell, but we want to keep track of our customers better than we currently are.

Thanks,

Kent Eichenauer

Are you talking about the "Assets web database"? If yes, that would be a mistake because this type of Access db is DEAD. Rather download the "Asset tracking database" which is a desktop database and this community forum is well equipped to answer any questions you might have.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP
Phoenix, AZ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The Northwinds Sample database is an order entry application. If it wasn't installed with your version you can install it following these instructions:

http://databases.about.com/od/sampleaccessdatabases/ht/Installing-The-Northwind-Sample-Database-In-Microsoft-Access-2013.htm

Hope this helps,
Scott<>
Blog: http://scottgem.wordpress.com
Microsoft Access MVP since 2007

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks so much to Tom and Scott.  Actually, what I called "Goods" database template is the "Northwinds" template as I want to keep track of customers and their orders.  Inventory is not such a big deal for us.  We are a very small business selling just one item in varying quantities.  This "Goods" template has all the same data as the "Northwinds" template.  I think the template named Northwinds is newer.

So, the version I had downloaded has a "Getting Started" tab with links to the support community as well as "helpful videos".  These links are broken.  Perhaps the Northwinds database has working links for help, but I don't see them.  Is this template supported anywhere?

Thanks again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Northwinds has been used as the "sample" database for Access for as long as I can remember and tht goes back 20 years. It has evolved over the years. Which version you downloaded and from where I don't know. So I don't know about those links.

However if you have any questions about using Access we would be happy to help.

Hope this helps,
Scott<>

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Scott.  I think it was 2007, but regardless, I appreciate your willingness to help with this.  I am not so interested in making modifications to this template (other than data of course), but I will want to understand more of the process that moves an order through the process of invoicing and shipping, etc.  I have not figured that out yet, but I want to struggle with it a bit more to formulate my questions.  If you are able to help with it when I get to that point, that would be wonderful.  As you can see this is more of a template specific question as opposed to general Access.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Scott,

I love the Goods template as it is an easy way to track orders and purchases. I would like to edit the reports page and the Product table. It would be ideal if the On Hand quantity showed up on the both of those. So that I knew how much of one product was being used by a customer.

Please respond as soon as you can.

-Philip

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please don't piggyback your question on another thread. Please use the Participate link above to add your own question. 

If this is done right you should have a query that returns the On Hand quantity. You can then pull the data from that query in a variety of ways.

If you need more help please start a new thread. 

Hope this helps,
Scott<>

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 1,676 Applies to: