Windows 10 O365 System Resource Exceeded (3035) in Access

I am running a VB script in a database that is causing the physical memory for Access to reach 1,000MB.  Once this happens, a Microsoft Visual Basic message box appears notifying me of a run-time error '3035': system resources exceeded.  The exact same Access file was shared with 3 other colleagues and they were able to run the same code without an errors.  Furthermore, when we looked at the Task Manager, the physical memory amount remained unchanged on their laptops as the code executed.  As previously mentioned, the physical memory on my computer keeps growing.  So I am confident there is nothing wrong with the code and the problem lies either in Access or something with Windows.  Perhaps something needs to be changed in the registry editor.  Interestingly enough, there was a hotfix for the seemingly same issue for Access 2010 but that no longer exists.  Any help would be much appreciated.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2726928/system-resource-exceeded-error-message-when-you-perform-a-query-in-acc

Dear Kevin,

From your detailed description, it seems that the issue only is related to your computer itself. First, I'd like to confirm whther the colleagues and you are using the same operating system (32-bit and 64-bit), the same Windows operating system version number and the same Office applications' version number. I'd like you to upload some screenshots showing your computer's operating system version number and the Account page in Access application you are using. You can access the Account page via going to File>Account. If the operating system's version and the Office applications' version aren't the latest versions, I suggest you contact the administrator in your company to apply the updates, restart the computer and then do a test to see the result.

Note: Remove any private information before uploading the screenshots.

The second option to try is to let the administrator in your comany go to Control Panel>Programs>right-click on the Office applications'icon>Change>check if there is an Online Repair option. If yes, do that, restart the computer and then do a test to see the result.

Meanwhile, close all other running applications on your computer and only run the Access application to check if the issue goes away in your environment.

Do you run Access with the VB script on a computer or a VM?

Best Regards,

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Cliff for the reply

My colleagues and I are both using the same operating 64-bit operating system.  You can see the screenshots of the version numbers for both Windows and Access.

I have closed all other running applications on my computer besides the Access file form which the script is running...same issue.  The VB script is on a computer, not a VM.

Not only have I tried the Online Repair option, but I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office.

Appreciate the help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Kevin,

Thanks for your detailed updates.

As the issue only happens on your computer. So the root cause may be slightly related to the Access application and the script but mostly related to your computer updates and settings. If you have VM on your computer, I suggest you install the latest version of the Office applications  and the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system on it and do a test to see if the issue goes away. If yes, you can contact the administrator in your company to see if the updates can be applied. If yes, you can install them and do a test on your actual computer to check the result.

Meanwhile, here is an article showing how to fix the error message at the computer side which may be helpful for your reference.

How to fix the Runtime Error 3035 Microsoft Access Error 3035

Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology. 

Moreover, if you have the  administrator account of the computer, I also suggest you use another local user account to log into the computer to see if the issue happens. If no, the issue may be related to the old user profile on your computer. I suggest you post a new thread in the Windows category on our forum for expert help.

If all troubleshooting steps above don't work in your environment, I suggest you back up the computer data and then you may consider to let the company administrator reformat your computer as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2024 Views 5,230 Applies to: