Microsoft Access 2016 The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of MS ACCESS

Hi Guys,

I have encountered this issue "The database you are trying to open requires a newer version of Access" everytime i try to open my accdb file. This is never happened before so for me that notification does not make any sense since i built it myself with the same access. 

My assumption so far, this is because somehow relate with the ODBC or OLEDB that crashed my database. This access file was only act as database that connect with my excel pivot reporting.  

Here's some other detail:

Total size of the files are various from 600k B to 1,8 GB. (i am using 64Bit version of access)

Inside of the database, there's a table that is using double as data type. 

and here's my question that I think might be helpful for this:

- Can I delete the table inside the file without opening the file?

- Can I repair or compact the database without opening the file?

- Last option, can i just have the module without opening the file at least i don't have to re-building from scratch (same issue happened with the backup which I've never open before)

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2019 Views 3,266 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Tom,

Good news, I can now open it but read only version i think it is because unlicensed..

Simply install Access 2010 64 bit .. (my previous version)

Funny when they suggested me to install newer but the fact is I need to install the older one.. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.