Question

Q: Access 2010 - runtime error 3170 Could not find installable ISAM This thread is locked from future replies

I am running Office 2010 under Windows XP SP3 and I am getting the above error while exporting data from Access to Excel via a VBA routine. It worked fine in Access 2000 but since upgrading to Access 2010, I have started to get the erro "Could not find installable ISAM".

I am using a statement that starts DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel3

If I change it to acSpreadsheetTypeExcel5 (or later) then it works fine but 3 or 4 brings up the installable ISAm error.

Any help as to how to make 3 and 4 work would much appreciated.

Answer

A:

Hi Sue,

You are receiving this error message because in order to export to the acSpreadsheetTypeExcel3 and acSpreadsheetTypeExcel4, you would need to have the correct ISAM on the machine.  My question would be, is there a reason you would want to export to these file formats? The reason I ask is because these are extremely old file formats. In order to get the correct ISAM, you would most likely need to install and old version of Office on the machine. The article below lists some of the acSpreadsheetType enumerations up through Office 2000, but you can see that the two you are referring to are from Excel 3.0 and Excel 4.0.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb225982(office.12).aspx

Best Regards,

Nathan Ost

Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 16487 Last updated: February 16, 2018 Applies to: