64-bit and 32-Bit Access

I have a client that has 64-bit version of ACCESS and I need to send them an *.accde file. I have 32-bit Office through Office365 Business installed on my machine, including ACCESS. In order to compile a 64-bit *accde file on my machine, I would like to download a 64-bit version of ACCESS selectively and not reinstall the whole Office Suite. While the software download screen appears to let me switch between 32-bit and 64-bit versions for software, it looks like it is going to force me to install a whole new copy of the entire suite. Is there a way to selectively download just ACCESS 64-bit?  

Thanks in advance

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Mxmwarp,

Based on your requirement, as the 32-bit version of the Office 2016 applications can’t coexist with the 64-bit version of the Office 2016 applications, you can’t download the 64-bit of the Office 2016 applications on a computer with the 32-bit of the Office 2016 applications installed. In your environment, you can’t achieve your requirements. You may need to uninstall the current Office 2016 applications first and then install the 64-bit version of the Office 2016 applications including Access 2016 or only install the 64-bit version of Access 2016 on another computer via the steps described in the article to see the outcome.

Thanks,

Cliff 

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 5, 2021 Views 583 Applies to: