Zip file "size limit exceeded"

I need to unzip a zip file in a document library which is 1.36gB. I get the error about size limit.....A product that claims to be "enterprise" ready can't handle a 1.36gB file??? Seriously? What's the story here and how do I get this done without wasting more of my time?

Dear Webbrewers,

I do a test and I can’t reproduce such an issue in our environment. As there is no out-of-the-box way unzipping the file in the site library in SharePoint Online directly, I think that the error message comes when you use the unzip tool to zip the downloaded zip file from the site library in SharePoint Online. If yes, the issue should be related to the unzip tool you are using. I suggest you contact the zip tool support for the expert help. Meanwhile, some third-party zip tool such as 7-Zip may extract the downloaded zip file fine.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Even when I unzip the file locally, I still can't upload an mp4 file that's only 1.56gB. WHY???? What use is this service if it doesn't support files that are under the file size limit????

Sorry, your files couldn't be uploaded. The upload might be too large or the server might be experiencing high network traffic.

Although the maximum file limit for SharePoint 2016 is 10GB and 15GB for SharePoint Online, SharePoint in general wasn't really designed to handle large files and sets default threshold limits at 2GB

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As there is no out-of-the-box way unzipping the file in the site library in SharePoint Online directly, I think that the error message comes when you use the unzip tool to zip the downloaded zip file from the site library in SharePoint Online.
No, I've unzipped many files directly in SPO via file explorer. And as I said above, uploading the local file fails so it's definitely a limitation in SP. causing the problem. Should I be able to upload a 1.56gB file as the official docs claim, or not? If yes, this is a bug so when will it be fixed?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Webbrewers,

Thanks for your updates.

As there is no out-of-the-box way unzipping the file in the site library in SharePoint Online directly, using the Open with Explorer feature may also not work. I suggest you download the zip file and unzip it with some unzip tool such as 7-Zip as a workaround.

Meanwhile, I suggest you submit your feedback on our SharePoint UserVoice  to let our product developers know your ideas and suggestions for product improvements.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cliff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This isn't a feature request - I'm asking why I can't upload a 1.56gB file?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Webbrewers,

The upload should work and it may take a long time. I suggest you try the OneDrive sync client or change a network environment to drag the file to SharePoint Online directly to see the result.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Why do you guys keep pushing the sync client which is known to be buggy, poses a significant security risk and duplicates files locally, defeating the purpose of paying for online storage? .There's no issue with the network - it seems SPO chokes on files above a certain size and the published limitations are inaccurate. I need to know what the REAL limitations are so my company can decide whether to continue with SPO.  It's unlikely we'll pay for SPO if we have to screw around figuring out where to host files over 1gB. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Webbrewers,

Thanks for your updates.

As we can’t reproduce the issue in our environment and the network in your environment is fine, more resources need to be involved on the issue in your environment. I suggest you contact the administrator in your company if you aren’t the administrator and follow the steps in the article  to open a ticket as soon as possible to fix the issue in your environment.

I have summarized the issue and sent it in the private message for your reference.

Best Regards,

Cliff

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 5,084 Applies to: