Your OneDrive has not been setup, please contact your IT department Mac

Hi,

I had installed the OneDrive app on my mac and synced all of my files to the cloud. It had worked seamlessly until today, October 17, when I logged into my mac and it asked me to log in to my OneDrive account. However, the "Your OneDrive has not been setup, please contact your IT department for help" error popped up. I tried reinstalling the app and several fixes Microsoft has provided for this same error in other threads (resetting Keychain Access, for instance), and none of them have worked. I can still access the OneDrive web portal, upload and download files, with no issues. However, I can no longer sync my computer files since the app stopped working. I have a school account from University. Here's a screenshot.

Answer
Answer

Hi David,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Please try reset your OneDrive App on Mac following the steps below:

1.Quit OneDrive. (Select the cloud icon in the top tray, the select Settings > Quit OneDrive.)

2.Find OneDrive in your Applications folder.

3.Right-click OneDrive and select Show Package Contents.

4.Browse to the Contents > Resources folder.

5.Double-click ResetOneDriveApp.command (or ResetOneDriveAppStandalone.command, if you're using the standalone app).

6.Start OneDrive and finish the setup process.

Per my research, there are two helpful threads I would like to share with you.
1.OneDrive has not been set up : MAC OS High Sierra 10.13.6

According to this thread, user solved this issue by clicking Sync in the OneDrive web portal to set up the sync client on his Mac.

2.Your OneDrive has not been set up. OneDrive for Mac

In this case, it indicates that this kind of issue could be caused by the illegal Name format.

If you haven't try these two methods, please give them a shot.

Meanwhile, to determine if this problem is caused by the local environment, please create a new User Profile on your Mac and check if issue persist in this new User Profile.

Please let us know the result, we will be here for help.

Regards,

Alex Chen

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 10, 2023 Views 1,632 Applies to: