Your Microsoft 365 trial developer subscription has expired

Hi,

I have been using the Developer Account since Sep 2022 to develop and Power BI for teams for my employer as a test area.

I have just received an email to say that the subscription is now inactive as there has been no development activity, although I have been working on Power BI and I am a Superuser.

Will my account get reactivated now that I am back developing? I am concerned that I will lose all data and my admin email account in 60 days.

Can you let me know who I need to contact to keep the account active?

Thanks,

Arbaz Ahmad

|

Hello Arbaz A, Welcome to Microsoft Community. I am a Microsoft user just like you, I hope you are doing well. Sorry for the inconvenience. However, if your Microsoft 365 trial developer subscription has expired, it will not renew. Your subscription is good for 90 days and is renewable based on valid developer activity. If you wish to get a new subscription, you can delete your account and set up a new one. Note that you can only get a new subscription after you have had your subscription for more than 60 days. Source: https://learn.microsoft.com/office/developer-program/microsoft-365-developer-program-faq#how-can-i-get-a-new-subscription- You have 30 days after your subscription expires to migrate any data. For the next 30 days, only the admin will have access to the subscription, and on day 60, the subscription and all data will be deleted. Source: https://learn.microsoft.com/office/developer-program/microsoft-365-developer-program-faq#if-my-subscription-is-going-to-expire--how-much-time-do-i-have-before-it-is-deleted- Please let me know if you need more assistance. Give back to the Community, Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below. Warm Regards

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Right now, I am Power BI superuser, if i change my ID then how can i retrieve my data.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Arbaz A, if your subscription is expired, you need a new one regardless.

Raymond K
Understand that I do not have access to any user's account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So this just happened to me as well. So there is no way to re-enable the environment that was inactivated on Dec 17 (it is now Jan 16)?

And if not, while this environment still has 30 days to go before it is completely deleted, is it possible to fire up a new dev environment on this account, or do I have to wait until my original one is deleted? Unfortunately, it just so happens that I need to do some development over the next two weeks, so trying to figure out what my options are. Thanks,.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Buddy,

My Microsoft 365 trial developer subscription has expired as well.

When you say all the data will be lost. Could you please put some more light on it? will it be all the word, excel files or application data like teams chat etc.? Also what about power BI reports which are on my local machine?

Regards, AJ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I have been using the Developer Account since Sep 2022 to develop and Power BI for teams for my employer as a test area.

I have just received an email to say that the subscription is now inactive as there has been no development activity, although I have been working on Power BI and I am a Superuser.

Will my account get reactivated now that I am back developing? I am concerned that I will lose all data and my admin email account in 60 days.

Can you let me know who I need to contact to keep the account active?

Thanks

Hillary Mafunga

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 1,622 Applies to: