Your credit card was declined—update your payment information

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

I have been receiving repeated emails sent to my Gmail account, urging me to review or update the payment method for an account that I do not recognize. The emails detail a payment decline for invoice #G042938597 due to it being declined by the financial institution.

I do not recall creating this account or initiating any transactions that would generate such invoices. I am concerned about the potential misuse of my email address or identity.

Here are the steps suggested in the email:

Verify the payment information including the card number, CVV, PIN, and expiration date.

Contact the financial institution if the problem persists.

However, since I do not recognize the account, I am unable to login to follow these steps. Could you please assist me in identifying the origin of these emails and advise on how to prevent any further such communications? Additionally, I would appreciate guidance on how to ensure no unauthorized accounts are opened under my name or associated with my email.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Best regards,

|

Dear Hisham Mahmoud

Good day!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community. We are glad to assist!

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing for your credit card was declined—update your payment information.

Please note that Microsoft will never send emails requesting personal information such as credit card details, CVV, PIN, or any other sensitive information. It is possible that this email is a phishing attempt to obtain your personal information.

We recommend that you do not click on any links or provide any personal information in response to this email. Instead, we suggest that you mark the email as spam and delete it from your inbox.

To ensure that no unauthorized accounts are opened under your name or associated with your email, we recommend that you regularly monitor your credit report and bank statements for any suspicious activity. You can also contact your financial institution to report any unauthorized transactions or suspicious activity.

In the meanwhile, if you have another other question about billing issue, or you would like to check your billing details, we sincerely recommend that contact our dedicated Billing support team via Microsoft 365 admin page, see Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn or directly by phone Find Microsoft 365 for business support phone numbers by country or region - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.  They will be able to assist you in investigating the charges and resolving the issue. Please have your credit card statement and any relevant account information ready when you contact Microsoft support.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Allen | Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

With due all respect, the emails I am receiving aren't spams! I cannot access to my account! Here is the account information:

Account information

Name: Benermas .

Billing profile: Benermas

Subscription name: Microsoft 365 Business Standard

Licenses: 1

Primary Tenant Id: fe597a41-8961-471a-be23-058e2b7b0da9

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear Hisham Mahmoud

Thanks for your response!

Based on your further description, we do understand your query here but, as your query related to billing, and since we are belong to Microsoft Community site, our forum is available for public. Also, we have limited resource and privilege to examine billing related scenarios. Therefore, We sincerely recommend that contact our dedicated Billing support team via Microsoft 365 admin page, see Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn or directly by phone Find Microsoft 365 for business support phone numbers by country or region - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn.  They will be able to assist you in resolving the issue. Please have your credit card statement and any relevant account information ready when you contact Microsoft support.

Note: While phone call, press "1" as business email user and press "1" again as technical support. You also need to provide your subscription purchased information such as school name, billing information, phone number, alternative email address etc. So, they will be able to assist you to re-enable your domain/account.

Thanks for your precious time and your understanding would be highly appreciated. Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Allen | Community Moderator

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 6, 2024 Views 51 Applies to: