work office 365 account login

I have a number of Windows 10 machines set up as local users. How do I change them to the work office 365 accounts? Do I have to create Microsoft accounts for each user that would correspond with the Office 365 work account?

Hello Mark Ragains,

Firstly, what need to be explained to you is that the email address you use for your Microsoft account can be from Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Gmail, Yahoo, or other providers. 

If you want to use such kind of Microsoft accounts as the “Office 365 work accounts”, the answer to the second question is yes, you need to create a separate Microsoft account for each user.

As for your first question to change from a local account to a Microsoft Account, please kindly refer to the steps in the part “Switch from a local account to a Microsoft account (Windows 10)” in this article: How to sign in to your Microsoft account.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything unclear or I misunderstood your concerns. To help you further, may I confirm if you mean to create Office 365 for Business accounts (usually end with your custom domain or @domain.onmicrosoft.com) for each user by saying "Office 365 work accounts"?

Best regards,

Jennifer

---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Mark Ragains,

Firstly, what need to be explained to you is that the email address you use for your Microsoft account can be from Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, Gmail, Yahoo, or other providers. 

If you want to use such kind of Microsoft accounts as the “Office 365 work accounts”, the answer to the second question is yes, you need to create a separate Microsoft account for each user.

As for your first question to change from a local account to a Microsoft Account, please kindly refer to the steps in the part “Switch from a local account to a Microsoft account (Windows 10)” in this article: How to sign in to your Microsoft account.

Please feel free to let me know if there is anything unclear or I misunderstood your concerns. To help you further, may I confirm if you mean to create Office 365 for Business accounts (usually end with your custom domain or @domain.onmicrosoft.com) for each user by saying "Office 365 work accounts"?

Best regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 10, 2020 Views 299 Applies to: