Word Perfect Documents are not opening and listing as corrupt after upgrading to SP1 in office 2010

I have many (hundreds) word perfect documents, that I was able to open in Microsoft Word 2010. Now when I open them after upgrading to service pack 1, I am unable to open most of these documents. Some will open correctly, others will say "xyz.wpd is corrupt" and not open.

I am unable to open them using open and recover, nor am I able to open them using any other compatibility that I've tried. It seems to be universal, as I've tried it on several machines with this software.  Machines with SP1, unable to open.  Machines without SP1, able to open no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer
Answer

How are you trying to open the Word perfect files in Word 2010?

What is the file extension of the Word perfect file that you are able to open in Word?

Try to open and repair the word perfect files in Word 2010 and check if it helps:

·         Open Word.

·         Go to File menu and click on Open dialog, at the bottom there is an "Open" drop down button. One of the dropdown options is "Open and Repair" click on it and check if it helps.

Also try to open the Word perfect files in any other system and check if you are able to open the file. If yes, then save the file as Word file and check if you are able to open the file.

You may also refer the links mentioned below how to open word perfect files in Word and check if it helps:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/convert-wpd-files-to-office-word/8aa2edee-ac86-48c8-8e9e-24c0bcdb3d4d

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-word/using-word-2010-to-open-a-word-perfect-document/8dc70f84-a129-496f-8e9e-34bbe599baec

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 19, 2024 Views 7,134 Applies to: